One Day Seminars
#1 Coding / Billing Basics
Basic medical office coding / billing guidance for the novice in the medical office or for someone starting their own home-based business. This is a six hour seminar from 9 am until 4 pm presented every second Friday of the month. The cost is $139.00 upon registration and a $25.00 material fee for the workbook. Bring coding books. Call 562.430.6847 to register.
- Introduction to medical terminology
- Refresh knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Recognize claim forms and their requirements
- Become familiar with industry resources
- Distinquish between government and private third party payers
- Learn basics of healthcare common procedural coding system
- Study quick coding techniques to streamline billing process
- Become acquainted with the ICD-9-CM tables
- Gain experience in deciphering explanation of benefit forms
- 'How to' of starting your own medical billing business
Foundational material for claims support and how to present it for payment. Recommendations on getting the information you need from the provider. Work with the hosptial medical records staff to get all reports you'll need to code accurately!
#2 Code from the Operative Report
Learn how to code from an op report. This is a four hour workshop from 8 am until 12 pm presented every third Friday of the month. The cost is $89.00 upon registration and a $20.00 material fee for the workshop supplies. Bring coding books. Call 562.430.6847 to register.
- Learn the importance of pre-op and post-op diagnoses
- Diagram the op report
- Apply recognition skills to breaking out significant services
- Acknowledge and review clinical findings on accompanying reports
- Study proven techniques to quickly reach a coding decision
- Identify situations requiring additional supportive codes
- Recognize resources for applying coding guidelines
- Know where to turn when unique and special circumstances turn up
Coding from op reports is made manageable by applying methods learned in this workshop.
#3 Advanced Chart Auditing
This seminar assumes the participant has prior experience in documentation guidelines reviews. Step by step guidance on how to enhance your auditing skills to provide feedback on the toughest coding scenarios. Prepare to become an exceptional communicator within your organization! This is an eight hour workshop from 8 am until 5 pm presented for 8 CEUs. This takes place on the fourth Friday of the month. The cost is $125.00 including supplies. Call 562.430.6847 for more information.
- Discover answers to questions doctors have when audited
- Learn to recognize the evaluation of the NPP effectively
- Recognize the important recommendations to make
- Learn to write a final report expressing findings and comments
- Diversify with hands-on examples for various specialties
- Focus on improving compliant behavior
Discover and address deficiencies in your documentation before a third party payer does! Avoid takebacks after post-payment reviews by a government auditor by addressing non-compliant behavior yourself. Conducting chart audits in a timely and consistent manner provides an excellent foundation for any external compliance program inquiries.
| Reimbursement Analysis
| Charge Ticket Development
| Certification Preparation Courses
| CPC Review
| Certified Medical Auditor Reimbursement Specialist
| Resources & Links
4012 Katella Avenue, Suite 105
Los Alamitos, California 90720
©2009 Reimbursement Specialist All rights reserved.